When BASE formed to put on their first Pantomime in 1972, who, from the original troupe would have conceived the tradition carrying on beyond it’s 50th year? From that performance of Aladdin the group went on to perform classic stories and some that might be deemed bizarre by todays’ audiences. See a complete list of previous performances here.
BASE celebrated their 10th anniversary with Old Mother Hubbard, their 20th year saw Humpty Dumpty, their 30th and 40th performances were the all-time favourite, Cinderella. Our 50th (a year late in 2022) returned to our roots with Aladdin. Next year (2024) we return to a classic: Sleeping Beauty.
Interested in getting involved in future pantos?
We're just about to start the audition and rehearsal process for our next show (Sleeping Beauty - Feb 2024). Get in touch if you're interested - its amazing how things can change through the course of a year!
- With regret the committee have decided you need to be at least 14 years old at the time of performance week to be considered for a part on stage, (but we still welcome help backstage and front of house if you can give up the time).
- You have to be a paid up member of BASE before you can audition for a part. (Details of membership fees are at the bottom of this page).
- Scripts are usually available from July/August (the time of our annual social / cricket/rounders match!).
- If you a potential new member - please get in touch with us. We run a workshop most years for new members to come along and meet us - find out what we're about - and to try a few scenes and songs. No pressure - just lots of fun. It allows you to get to know us, and us to get to know you.
- A read-through is organised for late August/early September, with auditions taking part a few days later. Check out this website and our Facebook page for updated information.
- The first rehearsals are usually an introduction to the production songs, principal players are announced, dance auditions are organised and general introductions are made.
- By the end of September everyone is on board and working to a fairly strict rehearsal regime.
- Finally - what we've all been working towards - panto week. There'll be nerves - even if its not your first time, but from experience we can assure you all, if you bring your talent, commitment and energy, you’ll be rewarded just by being part of this clever, funny and talented family.
Our Child Protection policy is available to download here.
Complaints, Equality & AntiBullying
Click here to read the appropriate policies
You can download our constitution here.
New Members or Patrons
You need to be a full member of the society to take part in productions.